Saturday, December 5, 2009

World AIDS Day 05-12-09

I confess... I should study rather than blogging... but I just want to blog it... Hahahaha...

Today, I joined a big event which KLASS and MAF organized it... World AIDS Day 2009. This is my second times in participate WAD event as volunteer...

Erm... This year, unfortunately... I can only participate for one day which is today... and this event will keep go on until tomorrow... Ya... It's kinda sad that I can't join for both day and make me feel like I done something incompletely... Well, never mind la... put aside the sadness and "desalinate" it with tomorrow night dinner la... Hehe

Well, after I joined 2008 WAD, I felt I learnt a lot from that and make me feel wanted to join next volunteer work, and yes... this year I joined lo!!! Last year, I kinda feel shame and afraid of approach to public... and this year, after what had I gone through in this one year, I find myself comfortable with approaching public and yes... I am no more rely to my other group member!!!

In this event, I was in charging in outreach work, which allow me to go around, wearing mystery mask, and sandwich board that sending out the message about HIV... yet, I don't think I helped a lot la... haha... Because I just simply walk around and ask people to hug me, in the condition that they thought I am HIV positive... I feel a little bit sorry for deceived them, but I would like to thanks them for willing to hug me, and that actually show support to HIV patient... indirectly!! So for the person who hugged me, thanks for your support ya!!! By the way, while I was walking around, when people look at me as real HIV carrier, they show me a discriminate look and I can really feel that I had been discriminated... that is hurt... So, now I really can feel how is the feeling of being discriminated... that is so hurt man...

I am HIV +ve, Hug?

Well, I have to admit that I did nothing much other than what I mentioned, coz i hang out quite a lot with Game section there... Bcoz friends at there mah... and I found myself have fun at there... not that I was not having fun at outreach, but at least I can chit chat with "Auntie" rather than just have few second to promote our activities... So, have to say sorry to my team member from Team 7... Haha... They did a lot work in outreach... and sorry I left out quite a bit or more than a bit...
Team 7 member

Other than that, we actually play a role as audiences, which I think most of the time, the audiences are volunteers. (ops... I not suppose to say it out???) I don't think that is a bad things la... because organizer have they own issues to deal with... so... And honestly, I think all volunteers are such a good, and supportive audiences!! Give ourselves a clap!!! Yeah!!!

When you wear mask, you will become Idol of children, becoz they tot you are batman^^


Overall, I find myself enjoy in this event... making new friends... and our friendship is tested... while I forgot to bring my wallet... Yng keep say want to lend me her money... with condition 10 out 13 back... Such a good friend right?? I was moved!!! Anyway... I am proud of myself that I joined this event and glad that I know some new friends there... It's really nice to meet you guys!! Hope I can still join this kind of voluntary work next time... I like this kind of event more than earn money...
Nice to meet you guys^^

And for someone who read this before 6th Dec. 2009, the event is still running until 6th Dec. ... So, please go there and join them because tomorrow morning, our former Prime Minister Dr. Mahathir will be there for open ceremony... and noon will have mini concert... who would miss a free mini concert right??? Hehe...

Universal Access and Human Right!!! Stop AIDS, Keep the Promise!!


Use Condom, Keep away from HIV!!

No comments: