Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Movie Review

Ok... I should actually write my 500-1000 words movie review rather than spend time to write blog... yet, here I am...

Well... Thanks to Dr. Goh... I watched some movies that I would never want to watch until Dr. Goh show it to us... Cinema Paradiso, The Killing Field... and also because influence of Dr. Goh... I watched another awarded movie name Adam too... All of these movies are inspiriting to me and I would say influence me so much...

Cinema Paradiso is the 1st Italian movie I had ever watched... This movie is kinda long... about 3 hours and with original audio (i believe) Italian... I thought this is simply a romantic movie until the end of the movie... the climax of movie is almost in the end of the movie... I would say this movie is worth to watch (with non extended version coz it's kinda long for me)... The movie have some screens that make me laugh and also would let me cry(if I watch at home alone... sure I will)... Yet, I can't simply enjoy the movie... bcoz at the same time, I need to think about how should I do my assignment... and I found myself hard to differential watching movie for enjoyment at the same time I need to work my assignment regarding the movie... Coz when I watch the movie... I didn't jot down anything I should write down...

The second movie - The Killing Field still linger in my mind... especially the union screen and many violence screens... It's is a great movie and awaking Anti-war movie... This movie able to move me and I do enjoy watch a movie that I never want to watch... (I don't like War movie...) In addition, this is a true story... not the fiction that people make up to entertain people but a reflection of people life... I was thinking that if I was here... I don't think I would strong enough to survive... and I really think that any decision is important... each decisions would affect you differently... or maybe even take your life... Like the movie... at the life and death moment, one person life actually depend on a tiny passport size photo... You need to be smart to pretend you are stupid and pretend you are not educated...

The Killing Field movie is worth to watch too and I totally agree with this movie won the Academy Award... The experience of the main character (or supporting character according to the award) - Dith Pran is really cinematic and extraordinary... and he is actually one of the survivors (I believe some of the people do survive at last) of Vietnam genocide... Few years ago, I used to hear about the war and there is a museum that collected skull of the victim of war and The Killing Field now is one of the travel spot for tourism...

After I watched the movie... I google the war... and I found out that the communist would kill anyone if they like to... some simply get executed, some been executed bcoz cried when their relative was executed... educated one, or simply wore a glassess... How could human being do such thing... Kill human being like destroy grass...

OK... That all I would say... and Thanks to PSY317... I should not have "Bias" toward old movie or "boring movie" that I thought i was...

No comments: