Thursday, March 25, 2010

Eavesdrop in Mc.D

Ok... I kinda suck in blogging... My mind got alot of things but dunno how to put them in word... and my frenz said u blog like u want to submit assignment deadline... I hv to admit it... bcoz the previous trip assignment... kinda like assignment one... hehe...

Well... I blog it today bcoz... I saw a quite touching scene today... I kind of easily moved but here is the thing.... I do found this is quite touching to me...

Imagine u go to a stranger country for work... the work is 18hours and probably above yet, the salary is lower than u should be paid...you probably have to learn how to read people face first because when things go wrong, u are the one who to be blame. As a foreigner... you had seen as lowest level in the society... everyone look down on u and may think negatively to ur work and ur personal life. No one understand why you want to stay here to work... they just think u might be illegal and a threat to them... they think you are the one who should be blame when crime happened... they accuse u something that u might not be do... Worst... u might be assaulted by employer physically and psychologically...

Ya... I was talking about foreign maid, or mostly in Malaysia is from Indonesia i believe... Anyway... the imagination above is just a bad example and what we always read in news... it seem like really normal phenomena which maid had been abused, sexually assaulted, or you name it...

However, today... I saw a kinda "warm" scene... I saw a old couple brought their maid go to McD. for lunch... and they just sat beside me... before that... I tot the maid must only sit there and watch the old couple eat... surprisingly(or not)... the uncle actually bought a meal set to her and with ice cream to her... ok... what had moved me is... we heard a lot of bad things that how the employers treat maids and also some news about what had maid done to employers... but when i saw they sit together like family... i feel like ... ya that is the one i like to see... ppl treat ppl equally and well regardless any status u are... I saw the maid was so happy and eat the ice cream like how a kid got his ice cream... then the uncle ask her to eat the burger 1st... and she listen to him... then i saw the auntie ask her enuff or not... then give the maid her french fried... (yes... i was alone there so i got nothing to do but eavesdrop other conversation) They seem like a family rather than employer and maid... of coz i can see still a boundary there la... like the maid need to carry things...

SO... i was thinking... if the abuse things go so common d... then why the newspaper still like to publish those common things... that why I like to read the good news rather bad news... every Sunday... there are a small portion from the news is talking about good things... ya... i prefer to listen to them... that make my day enlightened and happier rather to read how ppl treat ppl badly... hmm... maybe i try to go away from"REALITY"

LAST... good to that maid for being in such good working environment... I believe a good working environment will make up the salary stuff geh... like a frenz of mine... lolz....

No comments: